Wednesday 15 September 2010

Boo!

I love this Halloween Boo! decorated pocket, it was so much fun to make - and really quick and easy. I think I'll have to make a few more because the kids in my class would enjoy them.

The pocket is a Maya Road kraft envelope that we are now stocking in the Ribbon Girl store. For this project I used the purse shaped envelope but we also have square, decorative and wavy scallop envelopes and they are sold in packs of 5 for only £1.60 - each pack has 5 different sizes of kraft envelope

I inked my envelope with black ink and added some lovely orange, black and white halloween papers and embellishments, changed the little string wrap that comes with the envelope to more funky black and white bakers twine and added a spotty button and coordinating ribbons

After I made this project I went for a hunt around the web looking for other projects using the Maya Road kraft envelopes:

An Advent Calendar - I've had this saved in my favourites for ages!
Gift card envelopes - I think I want to make Christmas versions of these

3 comments:

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

This is just so cute what a fabulous idea!!!!

Colette said...

What a gorgeous creation, I saw these on your site last night. I wanted them but wasn't sure what I would do with them. I am so glad I ordered some now!

Colette x

Sheri Gilson said...

What a cute envelope!! Love it!!